Fashion Design Diploma
Total fee's 23,500L.E
Payed in a form of installments
Activate your career in the fashion industry with this diploma level qualification from CAIRO DESIGN DISTRICT, This diploma will give you the specialized skills and knowledge to flourish within the design, manufacturing, wholesale or retail areas of the fashion industry, this diploma gives you the advanced skills to work independently or collaboratively within a constantly evolving sector. You will also develop advanced understanding of design processes and product development, as well as technical production skills to support management and fashion businesses, Successful completion of this diploma will give you the necessary skills and attributes to seek employment as a fashion designer and stylist, dressmaker, machinist, tailor, fashion accessories designer and fashion retailer. Completion also provides great articulation opportunities into higher education courses.
Why Cairo Design District Fashion Diploma?
Instructors bring a plethora of knowledge, practice, and applicable work experience to the classroom and coach participants to develop and improve their knowledge, skills and techniques as fashion design professionals. They will learn vital skills for Styling, fashion drawing, design, pattern making, Draping and sewing.
Cairo Design District is the only academy all over the country that provides a training for all students while they are studying.
On successful completion of the Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology students will have the opportunity to work in positions in the fashion industry such as:
• Fashion Designer, Assistant Designer, Textile Designer, Fashion Marketing Agent
, Fashion Buyer, Production Manager, Fashion Stylist, Pattern Maker, Costume Designer, Couturier, Fashion Public Relations, Fashion Illustrator and Business Owner.
Talent, vision, determination and ambition will decide your popularity in this difficult, demanding and highly competitive industry.
• You have to constantly keep yourself updated about the current trends and tastes through fashion magazines, newspapers and other media. As a bonus you also get to attend fashion shows.
• You should be able to communicate your design and vision clearly through sketches, discussion and occasionally samples. A good hand at sketching would be of advantage.
• Communication skills are a must if you want to convince your client about the design. No matter what your personal style, as a designer you must be able to produce a creative, exciting and profitable line of design. Those who want to make it big in this field should have a good eye for colors, style and shape. A fair knowledge of textiles and a familiarity with the nuances of a variety of fabrics is also a must.
• Knowledge of different fabrics, dress materials, colors, shapes and patterns will be an added advantage here
The diploma consists of five courses that guide you through the process, starting with the fashion styling, fashion drawing to the fashion design, and moving on to the pattern making and draping:
This Fashion Stylist Image consulting course, will allow students to develop the sense of stylizing fashion not only with great taste.
Fashion stylists must always keep in mind that they have to consider a number of factors: how to match clothes to flatter all types of size and shapes of body, how to wear appropriate clothes suiting time, place and situation, or how to be trend conscious to make an eye catching campaign. Whether you want to be a stylist for personal shopper or photo shooting stylist, this course will allow you to expand knowledge about styling how to dress in each situation.
The course includes exercises on mixing and matching for new ways to dress yourself, analyzing the street fashion, coordinating an outfit under budget and more. You will have to discover all sorts of shops in town, becoming a stylist while enjoying the fashion world.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Learn methods stylizing fashion
- Gain ability to communicate new fashion trends in a visual clear way
- Gain ability to create for your future clients the target conscious fashion looks - learn how to dress your Style
- Gain knowledge of the past icons and designers
- Become trend conscious of style all over the world
- Recognizing names of fabric
For whom this fashion stylist can be useful?
For all people who wants’ to increase the knowledge in the field of fashion, for professional purpose – for personal culture.
You will develop a sense of style from different points of view depending on the person and the occasion. Also you will learn how many different style exists all over the world, looking at fashion from worldwide.
Also, you will learn how to mix and match clothing items and also creating new pieces using technical tools.
Styling Course Structure:
Introduction + General discussion
Assigning assignment celebrity evolution
History of fashion late 1800 till 2010
Working on pairs on project
Discussing Project results
Hair and makeup
How to build a basic wardrobe
Working on window display
And shopping with a budget
Appreciate the unique considerations and focuses of fashion illustration
Sketch the human body in proportions relevant to fashion illustration
Conduct quick sketches of clothing items on the human body.
1- Figures Making:
-Drawing the fashion figure with 9 heads method (straight pose with no movements).
- Using the straight pose we draw the previous class to build 3 different poses with any movements using the collage method.
- Learning an advanced method to draw the fashion figure, making 3 different poses out of it
2- Face & hair construction:
-learning to draw illustrated fashion face on a big scale.
- drawing 12 fashion faces on small scale with different hairstyles.
3- Coloring Techniques:
- studying the color theory and how the perspective, light and shade works while coloring with pencil and poster colors+ coloring the 12 face we did previously.
- Coloring 6 outfits using different coloring techniques and mediums (markers-pencils-poster).
- completing what we began the previous class.
4- Drapes & Gathers & Pleats Collection:
- Drawing and designing 10 different outfits inspired by drapes, gathers and pleats using “encyclopedia of fashion details” book.
- completing the previous class coloring the 10 design we did.
Students will start to analyze a variety of fashion product while developing experimental approaches to research and the design process in order to grow confidences and develop creativity. They will develop presentation techniques with the intent of building a professional portfolio of work. In addition, Students explore apparel styles through different kinds of fabrics.
- Introduction to the mood board and how to select a theme and to get inspired from it.
- Making a collection out of 5 outfits minimum + learning how to apply many types of fabric textures by coloring.
2- Textile Printing:
- Making a collection out of 5 outfits minimum applied with different types of textile designs.
- Finishing the 5 designs back views and flat drawings.
3- Ready to Wear Collection:
- Making a collection inspired from students favorite Movie.
-The collection contains minimum 5 outfits completing it with mood board, fabric swatches, back views and flat drawing.
4- Evening Wear Collection:
-Making a collection inspired from students favorite designer work.
- The collection contains minimum (4 evening dresses+1 ball gown+ 1 bridal gown) completing it with mood board, fabric swatches, back views and flat drawing.
- Students should be able to demonstrate a full presentation for their final collection.
Pattern making includes stills in pattern adaptation and pattern drafting. Pattern drafting requires a pattern block or working drawing to be established by using key measurements and using these to develop a pattern which interprets a garments or items design including its special features. Students will be able to identify what a pattern is and predict what should come next in patterns.
-Basic Skirt Block.
-Basic Trouser with variations.
-Basic Bodice Block with sleeve.
-Shirt with all details.
-A Cocktail Dress.
-Jacket with all details.
Introduction to draping - its purpose, usefulness and all rules of draping, Identify fabric grain and demonstrate how it relates to correct balance of a garment based on basic draping techniques, demonstrate the draping principles of dart manipulation and added fullness to create a variety of styles.
- BASIC DRESS.
- DRAPED DRESS.
- COWL DRAPES.
-MAKING A CORSET.
-STUDENT’S FINAL COLLECTION (TWO DRESSES TO BE COMPLETELY FINISHED)
BRAND START UP
- Introduction to brands and branding.
- Branding effects & importance.
- Mass branding vs personal branding.
- Branding process.
- Product strategy and market analyzes.
- Dealing with suppliers and free lancers.
- Independent management.
- Visual merchandise.
- Brand identity.
- Photoshop basics.
- Content plans.
- Building a website.
- Building online store.
- Social media marketing.
- Google rankings & ads.
- Sales Channels.
- Building your own brand with a specific visualized theme and strategy.
- Photo shooting products.
- Exploring your own brand.
Cash through the Branch.
Bank Transfer. (details upon request)
Mobile wallet transfer. (details upon request )
70% refund of paid amount 15 days before first day of course
30%refund of paid amount 7 days before first day of course
100% nonrefundable after that.